EMAS UK Training courses supporting the continued personal development of
- Headteachers / Senior Managers
- Teacher Assistants
Our courses include :-
CPD - Classroom Teachers & EAL Co-ordinators
- A practical session looking at the pedagogy of learning combined with the creation of practical resources.
- Each session consists of understanding the language for learning and the language of learning.
- Using language modelling and understanding how children develop linguistic links that support cognitive development.
- Developing EAL in special needs and for gifted and talented pupils.
CPD - Teaching and Language Assistants
- Practical tips on working with additional language learners (ALL) and how to create bilingual/dual language games and books.
- The session looks at the theory of how games work and how to create them.
- The session will look at practical resources that can be made in seconds, used many times and supports learning at a range of levels.
CPD - Practical Resource Creation
This session helps those involved in classroom practice to offer additional learning methods.
- Understanding how children learn
- What makes good resources?
- How to create a bilingual book
- How to create a bilingual game
- Making school signs
- Using the EMAS UK website to make new worksheets
Understanding The New Equalities Act
This session is designed for Headteachers, Senior Managers and Governors to understand how the act affects their school since it came into force in April 2012.
- Outlining the new Act
- Understanding the implications
- Understanding the new categories of cover
- Understanding direct and indirect discrimination
- Avoiding simple mistakes
INSET for Your School
Professionally led INSET for your school
Why not create a personalised training session for your school?
We will work with you to create a bespoke INSET session
- Cost effective
- Personal to your requirements
- Linked to the SDP or school priorities
- Award winning trainers
- Led by Headteachers and Deputies
- You choose
- A mix of both?
- Topics like:
- Practical resource creation
- Bilingual books
- Making games
- Understanding the language of learning
- Developing the language for learning